Thread: Yay! Trackspec!
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #91 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
Did your temps change much after your rain guards? They have to be block some air flow. Or is the plan to remove them say for track days?

My garage is already full, so my Z sits outside (and daily driven), but I haven't really been too concerned about it. I went over the connectors with dielectric grease, even though they were weather tight connectors. Some of the exposed bolts I removed and added some "water proof" grease as anti seize. Over all the only problem I've noticed is the longer rivets were not entirely stainless, the center was regular mild steel and rusted. Ive since filled the center of the rivets with silicone to seal them, but unfortunately it caused some rust discoloration around a couple rivets.
The only time I install my rain shields is when I wash the Z, or I know if it's going to be raining. The shields still let air flow. But not as much.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote