View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #30 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4247 View Post
My experience has been different.

I run 325/19 re-11 on the rear and 285/19 on the front.

The RE-11s do not hook at the dragstrip at all. They dont hook in the corners either, unless heated up well. Not really impressed and my car makes only 300 whp.

The MT ET street SS in 285/18 on the rear at 25 psi, are quite simply amazing in the corners. These are not typical soft side wall bias ply drag tires, they are short sidewall radials. The MT tire does very well at the dragstrip too. It requires no burnout at the track, or on the street. My car is very stable and perfectly comfortable with the MT ET street SS on the street, they just dont last very long.

My ET streets have about 100 1/4 mile runs on them and 2600 street miles. They are nearly to the wear bars now.

To hook, you need a soft tire compound and a good suspension set up. Few street tires have a soft compound.
The MT tires that my friend with a monster turbo Supra (over 800hp) has doesn't handle worth a da*m. It must be because of the way he has it setup for drag racing.

Setup has a lot to do with how a car handles turns or straight line.

That Turbo Supra can blow past me in a straight away but I gain it back in the curvy parts. Fun! It's all in what you want out of your car.

The real limit of my car is my wife. I have to back way off when she rides with me. She was much more adventuresome when she was younger. I still have not "grown up" at 64........
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote