View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #54 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Step'n370Z View Post
... Have you seen the harness by-pass from Car Kit? It looks like the way to go. Simple to do, and simple to revert back should one want to someday. On their web page, they have a great video showing the whole, very simple, procedure. I'd be interested in hearing how you feel about the harness. ...
I have only seen pictures of the bypass but based on the feedback on this site it is a well-built product, that, as you say, is simple to install and uninstall.

Which is better, bypass or fuse, is a toss up, IMNSHO. The IPDM (where the fuse is) is not the easiest thing to get to but it's not that difficult and it's not like you will be removing/inserting the fuse often (probably only once). The main advantage that I see to the fuse method is cost - $0 vs $50.

Either method will accomplish exactly the same thing - cutting power to the ESCL motor - so go with whichever one you prefer.