View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 11:12 AM   #5555 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
hahha.. I sure do miss the shenanigans that happens when you get a group of good guys together. Along these lines, I had a platoon sgt who used to always say that you have to be 10 percent smarter than the equipment youre working with!
When we was building the power plant. I went around and welded 2 dozen 1/2" diameter x 2" long pipe nipples on some of the big beams in the turbine building. Then I installed a valve in each pipe nipple, with a 90deg elbow on the end. With each new outside operator. We would tell them that they had to check the moisture content in each beam. They had to open the valve and drain out the water and measure how much water was at each beam. We even had a spread sheet for it. What they didn't know. The senior operator on the shift before would go around and turn the 90deg elbow up. Open the valve and fill up the pipe nipple. Once full. Close the valve and turn the elbow back down. Some took weeks to catch on. The operations manager knew about it, and never said anything about it. It was a way for us to tell who would make it and who wouldn't.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html