View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 11:16 PM   #135 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakez View Post
Oh right lol I think thats correct. I had a feeling I was wrong somewhere but couldnt quite put my finger on it.
I guess I may have the same issue then, at higher rpms for possibly even long periods of time, oil may shoot out haha.

Makes sense though cause otherwise oil would shoot out everywhere lmao

Edit:
I take that back.

I am looking closer at it now.
The vanes that are part of the airflow sure dont touch oil but I would assume maybe the extra metal leading UP to that vane (if that makes any sense) = tiny bit more space used up?

I mean they both have 16 lines or whatever you want to call it. But both do not have 16 vanes sticking out for air.

I dont even know if that entire blades side touches oil or not. I would now assume it doesnt otherwise it would spill from the front into the filter right?

Kay Im out of ideas. lol
All the vanes on the impeller are in the air flow. No part of the impeller touches oil. The oil is in the middle housing. Think what is happening is a combination of things. Oil level, high rpm, fluid expansion, poor venting. The oil capacity of the housing isn't that much. With high rpms, the oil gets splashed around a lot. Also with the high rpms, you heat which makes the oil expanses. And then you have a pipe plug with a simple hole drilled into it. One thing to do. You need to do is make a shield on the bottom of the vent plug to keep oil away from it. And put some type of breather on top of it. Also what you could do. Put a hose fitting where the vent plug goes. A length of hose. Then you need an orifice of some type in the hose. Then put the end of the hose into a catch can.

When I worked for ElliottTurboMachinery. I built and repair stuff like this.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote