View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 04:51 PM   #67 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post
Syncro-rev WILL NOT over rev the engine, it will only rev to redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton88 View Post
Is it just me, or does it seem like some people really don't understand how an over rev happens and that a rev limiter has nothing to do with it good or bad.
BGTV8 is correct. The Syncro-rev will only supply fuel until the limiter is hit. Then shuts the fuel off. The over rev happens when the road speed is greater then the engine rpms for the gear the tranny is in when down shifting.

When up shifting. The factory rev limiter is set at 7,800 rpm. When you hit that up shifting. The fuel shuts off. The motor will coast up a few rpms past 7,800.

I've been in to my rev limiter more times then I care to count.

One car I had. I lost the motor by going down 2 gears instead of one. Big block chevy motors don't like to spin past 9,000 rpms. Spun all the rod and crank bearings. Egg shaped a few small ends on the rods too.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote