View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 09:07 PM   #52 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebite View Post
I don't know. I'm not sure many folks expect to make a profit off of extravagant customization. It's pretty widespread that it doesn't work.
Sometimes folks just have the means and the passion to follow through on a vision, without the burden of needing to defend it. It's not really defendable.

Again, I'm both a little bit WTH and yet totally smitten by the thing. Of course I don't think it is "worth" the money it took. But I didn't fund it.

I have a bucket-list truck I'm almost finished with. It's not a redneck approach, although I'm not anti that kind of thing. Instead it's just the truck that nobody would build. There's not enough market for it, I guess.

Funny thing, nobody thinks someone is crazy if they buy a BMW X5M. But that benign looking SUV is $120k
It has fantastic power, handling, and luxury. (even the stereo is about $7k, I believe?)

But I'm not an SUV guy. Been driving pickups for 40 years.

So, my bucket-list is a truck BMW or Audi or Porsche would build if they built pickups.
Or put another Way, an X5M pickup.

Like I said, almost finished. And remember, I have the budget of an X5M, to be totally fair.

Still, many folks think it's indefensible. They might even like the truck! But when they ask the inevitable "how much did those Brembos cost?", they immediately think it's not worth it.

Ever drive a 6000lb vehicle that will go into a full on ABS event on sticky tires in the dry?
It's AWESOME!

And finally, I never even considered for a second I could get the money back on resale. To use that as a determining factor would nix a bucket-list item immediately.

Bucket-list items aren't for the reasonable or practical period of life. You usually gotta wait until it doesn't matter if you go down in a blaze of glory. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I bought all of my toys before I retired. Honda VFR, Power Wagon, Nismo, Grand Cherokee TrailHawk, 41ft motorhome. Wasn't planning on the motorhome. It just happened. That should have been my Ferrari 488. Motorhome cost more. But I get to write it off as a second home.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote