View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 12:13 PM   #816 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leingod View Post
Just performed the hardest oil change of my life so far. The moron mechanics who sold me the car last year basically seized the oil drain bolt and filter onto the pan. I had to use a breaker bar to snap off the bolt. Tap into the bolt to further remove while using a propane torce to heat it. And crushed the filter trying to remove.

Focus now has a new proper Fumoto drain plug, and a properly seated filter. Now to go power wash my driveway from the catastrophic oil spill that happened....
Wait until you have to pound a screw driver through the oil filter to get it to turn. After that didn't work. You rip the filter housing off the base. Then use a hammer and chisel on the base to turn it.

Go to remove the drain plug and rip the welded bung off of the oil pan.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html