View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 06:04 PM   #51 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix 808 View Post
Yep, I actually oversee the maintenance schedules on a small wind farm.
We have (7) 100 KW towers. The funny/ Sad thing is, we don't even have enough load to dump the energy we create & no way to store it. Money well wasted. We got ripped off for sure & suckered into the "Sustainability" B.S.
I worked for Duke Energy and Dynegy. As senior CRO at a 2 on 1 combine cycle. Also was the head of maintenance. The plant is in the PJM grid. PJM regulates load by price per MW. So the load is always changing. High price, you go up in load. Low price, you come down in load. I've seen the prices as high as $2,000 per MW. And low as minus $200 MW. You might as well pull the plug at those prices. Most grid operators give each plant a pre-set load for each hour. You have 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after the hour to match your load schedule. If you are not matching after the 10 minutes. You pay a penalty. If your plant trips off line. You have to buy MW's from another generator at market prices. Hopefully it's not at the 2 peak period times during the day. If it is. You can lose all of your week's profit in a few hours. If it's off peak. You can make money by not running.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote