View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix023 View Post
I think that electric is coming, but I'm not sure that it will come so soon. If you haven't been following, Mazda believes they have mastered a gas-powered engine that uses pressure, not spark to ignite and thus burns cooler and more efficient. Like a 30-40% increase in efficiency. That keeps gas on the road for a while. (although let's not count chickens, it will be a year or two before Mazda either puts up or shuts up)

On the bright side, electric cars have all their torque at 1 rpm so starts from stops will be much faster.

Sometimes I think fondly that the kids will all be driving electric and only some eccentrics like me keep driving their gas cars, and they wonder why we're so happy to pay $0.50/gallon when electric is almost free.
Writing is on the wall. Electric is here. The public is being forced into this. Mazda's engine is a short term solution until they get their electric program together. Look at all the hybids that are here and coming. Those are short term solutions too. It's all geopolitical. Countries are outlawing gas and diesel engines by 2030 already. I see no reason for Nissan to develope another gas engine sports car that may be outlawed in a few years by some countries.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote