View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 Nismo View Post
I should have mentioned I have the manual transmission.

So the round gauge on top of the dash is engine oil temp.

What are the little dots below the fuel dots? Water temp?

The person discussing transmission oil temp must have put in an aftermarket gauge. Do I have to worry about transmission oil on a manual? I know nothing about transmissions.

Also heard on this thread that if my engine oil gets too hot the car automatically goes into limp mode. Is that correct?

Sounds like the only heat issues I need to deal with on the track or brake fade and clutch heat.
I thought you might have a manual.

The dots are water temp.

No, you don't have to worry about tranny temps on a manual. Just insulate the clutch line like I said in an earlier post.

The Z will go into limp mode if the engine oil gets too hot. The ECU will start to pull timing first. I believe it starts at 240deg, and increases as the oil gets hotter. At 260deg, the ECU will go into limp mode. Not allowing rpm's over 2,500 I believe.

If you are planning to do trackdays. 34 row oil cooler. Bleed your brakes with good brake fluid. Something like Motul 600. Insulate your clutch line. And read this thread.

Track Day Best Practices - MUST READ

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote