View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 10:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
NoAiMiSe1
Base Member

Drives: car
NoAiMiSe1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by imazman View Post
I would get a boost/vaccuum leak test done. I ha two small leaks, one at a throttle body and one at the small hose at front of SC boot. They were very small and weren't the cause of my issues...but definitely hav it done.
i will check if they do a vacuum leak test here, i live in Saudi Arabia, so i am not sure if that is even possible here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
The way that kit is set up, you'll lose a couple of psi with test pipes. It's pretty common.
True, but when i first installed the kit i didn't have test pipe and it was at 7 psi max also. it feels like thats the maximum pressure that it can reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtureZ View Post
Do you get a nice vent to atmosphere sound with that BOV?

As for your issue I would say get with TBatt and his no-slip setup, sounds like a slip issue
well, i dont get a vent sound from the BOV, nothing from the originial BOV that came with the kit or with QRJ. i dont get a sound at all, its like the valve is not releasing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
Are you going with the Si trim and the 9psi pulley on the water setup? We all know the outcome of that combination...
would you share the outcome of that? i am using a SI Trim with 9 psi pulley on a water setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
Check your belt tensioner. It should look like this. If not, you may have a belt slip issue that I can help you with. I've been selling a lot of kits that will fix belt slip.

Don't rule out a leak though. You can do the leak check pretty easy if you have a compressor and a good regulator. That is how I found mine.
please share a link of a belt that you recommend and i will ask the mechanic to have look at it. also, would you have by any chance a link explaining how to do leak test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
It's like a broken Queen record that's stuck on the chorus of "Another One Bites The Dust"...

As an aside, it's sad and disturbing how many motors a setup like that has killed, considering how robust this platform really is.
you just made me google "Another One Bites The Dust" !!
whats wrong with this setup?
NoAiMiSe1 is offline   Reply With Quote