View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 07:11 PM   #56 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
For the industrial bearings I've worked with, the new grease pushes the old grease out the sides of the bearing (or some type of vent). In the case of a turbo, I would assume most of the grease will ooze out on the exhaust side and be sent out the tailpipe.

Based on my experience with high-temp bearings, I would give the bearing a shot or two of grease* much more often than 3000 miles. Maybe once a week for a DD.

YMMV. All my experience is with industrial equipment and not turbos.

* Just how much would depend on type of bearing, size, etc.
In most bearing set-ups that I have dealt with. There is a hole that has a pipe plug in it that has to be removed when greasing the bearing. The hole is 180deg from the zerk fitting. This hole is where the old grease is suppose to come out of. If the old grease is hard. You have to use something to poke a hole in the hard grease to get it to flow out of the hole. An auto-greaser might work. We was trying these when I retired.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 704-Greaser_LubeSite.jpg (336.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg ProductThumb_45425_485973499_resize.jpg (15.5 KB, 26 views)

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote