View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Stay factory with K&N drop in filters. Do the hoses from the Map to the intake. Your done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Firehawk View Post
Post maf tubes and K&N drop ins... been around since 2009. Tested within a crew hp of a CAI. Just take some time to research. This is a very common mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
As previously mentioned, if your not willing to remove the front fascia (which is really easy by the way) then just go with the MAF tubes and good high flow filters (K&N or similar).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
You don't want to pull air from the hot engine compartment. If you don't want to pull the front cover to install a third-party CAI, the recommendations above (free-flowing filters and pipes) are your best bet. You might want to look into insulating the piping, filter box, etc.

I haven't pulled a 370Z front cover but, going by what I've read on this site and others, it's not a difficult job. Buy a handful of the rivets used to mount the cover - most people break at least one during the job. The FSM (link in my sig) has the procedure for R&Ring the cover (with drawings and other helpful info) and there are several DIYs on this site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
Good plan.

As others have echoed.. taking off the front bumper is super easy.After doing it the first time I can get it done in about 5 minutes now.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote