View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #142 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
BTW, that pic above was after rolling right off the rack. I only drove it about 100 feet down the lot and 100 feet back, swerving a little bit both ways to try and "settle" down the ride height. I've been driving on these springs for two weeks now and they haven't settled anymore than what you see above.

Also, a couple quick questions which I have yet to see asked...

1) Has anyone had issues running into the bump stops with lowering springs?
2) Has anyone ever had issues with the drive shaft having less movement between the output shaft of the transmission and input shaft of the differential?
Quote:
So does anyone have anything for these questions? Just curious.
Quote:
So with ALL of the members on here over ALL of the years of lowering these cars one way or another, no one has any answers for these two questions? Really?...
Question 1. Depending on how low you go. Will determine when you will hit the bump stops and how often. Everyone has hit the bump stops at one time or another. You just don't know it.

Question 2. Lowering the car has nothing the do with the driveshaft between the tranny and diff. Both are fixed in position. The driveshaft doesn't move. It's fixed at the diff. You should be concern about the halfshafts between the diff and knuckle. The diff stays in place the the knuckle moves up and down in an arc.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote