View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopsZ View Post
No apology needed.

Again, just random conflicting misinformation I keep reading around here, some saying the Nismo comes stock with 8*+ caster, and some say it's the same as the base (5*+) such as you.

According to CM370z, I should be sitting at right around -2.1 front and -3.0 rear.

I've also read that it's better to have more camber in the front than in the rear to better balance the Z. So maybe keep the -2.1 in the front (it doesn't look drastic at all right now), and drop the rear down to around stock or just a little more (-1.5 to -1.7), little to no toe front and rear.

Again, I'm sure the guys at Vortex Motorsport will know best.
I do both track and DD the Z. I have my front settings at -2.0 camber, +7 caster, and 1/32" in toe. The rear is set at 1.75 camber, and 1/132" in toe. The rear suspension has one hellish camber curve. The more it squats, the more -camber it gets. The -3 rear camber you mention is a bit much for the street. The -1.5 to -1.7 would be about perfect for you. You do want some toe in on both front and rear. Zero toe in the rear will give you a condition called snap-oversteer. Ok for the track, scarier then hell on the street. It's when the rear just snaps out faster then you can think. It doesn't drift out like you think it should. It's great for getting the car to rotate in the middle of the turn. Zero toe, you loose stabilize for steering quickness.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote