View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanRich View Post
I would leave the rear-most resonators, but run a straight section in place of the muffler (Motordyne style). You'll definitely want to have them weld a brace for the resonators to the new piping as well.
Motordyne has resonator chambers at the rears not mufflers. It has one central muffler where the middle resonators are in the HKS kit. And then there are the resonator chambers again at the ART pipes he is running.

Personally I wouldn't donth swap you're talking about. However, when I had both motordyne exhaust and ART pipes (the pipes are gone now) I played around with different CAI and that made a huge difference. Not sure what you're running but between the G3 (QUIET!) and the Injen (VERY MUCH NOT QUIET) the change was incredible. I like the sound of the G3 but the Injen just roared. Literally. It was loud and smooth without being raspy at all. anyways, might be something worth considering.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote