View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 10:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
2011 Nismo#91
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowly
2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty rare for a CMC to fail; almost all replacements you find here are because they don't know what failed and just replace everything because it's a pretty cheap part when compared to replacing the CSC which does fail alot. And I'd take any advice from someone who sells replacement CMC with a grain of salt saying it's the CMC that failed. Remote diagnoses is very limited, I had clutch problems recently and one of the first suggestions was my CMC had failed when it turned out to just be an adjustment issue.

Edit
Page 9 of your warranty book.
TRANSMISSION AND TRANSAXLE
Case and all internal parts, torque converter and converter housing, automatic transmission control module, transfer case and all internal parts, seals and gaskets, clutch cover and housing, and electronic transmission controls.
Seals are the thing that fails causing the clutch fluid fluid to leak out CSC or not hold pressure CMC. They "should" be covered but it's usually an uphill battle with nissan.

Page 11 What is not covered due to wear and tear.
MAINTENANCE SERVICE EXPENSE
This warranty does not cover normal maintenance services as specified in your NISSAN SERVICE & MAINTENANCE GUIDE such as engine tune-up; cleaning and polishing; wheel alignment; headlight aiming; replacement of filters, replacement of windshield wiper inserts, lubricants, coolant; worn brake shoes, pads, drums and rotors and worn clutch discs.
Which doesn't mention a damn thing about the clutch hydraulic system.

Last edited by 2011 Nismo#91; 11-29-2016 at 10:53 AM.
2011 Nismo#91 is offline   Reply With Quote