View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 09:19 PM   #110 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerkid View Post
I have no clue if youre rightt, or wrong, but it has to have something to do with the volume anyway, maybe? The longer the pipe you branch off, the more volume there is inside. I dont know, I didnt do physics after high school, but it seems to me just thinking with my beer brain that the volume has as much to do with it as anything. Even if the "tuned to 1/4 wavelength, bouncing sound waves back to cancel out others" makes for good resoning.
It's not about volume. It's the length that matters. You tune it by changing the length. The pulse wave hits the end of the capped tube and bounces back into the exhaust pipe. What you want, is that pulse wave to hit the other pulse wave coming down the exhaust at the right time to cancel out the drone. The problem is that you can only tune it for a narrow rpm range.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote