View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyLight View Post
Very nice! How is it holding up after 13 years?

I was told mine would last ~20 years. I got the new anterior approach, with just one 5" cut in the front. As it was explained to me, this new approach eliminates the problem that the posterior approach had, of easy dislocation of the hip from behind when bending past 90 deg. My aunt had a hip replaced in the early 2000's and couldn't bend past 90 degrees after surgery at all for a few weeks! Had a weird pillow to sit on and all.

I was in the hospital for 2 days, with no "waiting" to exercise full range of motion. It was the best decision I ever made, should have did it sooner. As soon as my other one starts to hurt (I have AVN) I am going to get surgery immediately, thats my clutch leg! lol
It's still like new. I'm in a study group for the procedure I went through. So I get an x-ray/check up once a year. The last set of x-rays show no wear, or bone separation. I have no restrictions on the things I can do. BUT I only want to do the surgery once. And not have to go though a revision surgery. So I watch on what I do. No high impact stuff like running, picking fights in bars, no bull riding, jumping out of perfectly good airplanes, stepping off of motorcycles at 120 mph, etc.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote