View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
ChaseZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 16 370z
ChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond reputeChaseZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djvalerio921 View Post
Hello all, I have a set of DB6501s, pioneer avh x4800bs HU with a 500w mono amp withe two 12" subs. After plugging everything in, the speakers were really crappy sounding. It has a crossover menu on it, but not sure on how to adjust the frequencies and lpf/hpf. Could the mid woofer not be pushing any bass because I don't have an amp for it?
Or because of your crossover settings.

I have a similar setup with a pioneer and the crossover adjustments aren't the best, but could be much worse. Don't recall what I have mine set at, and actually have to redo it anyways after my negative terminal was off the other day.

So you're running the Polk 6.5's off deck power and the subs off the amp?
I'd consider even a small 50w rms amp for them if you can swing it.

Double check your polarities to the door speakers? I have mm6501 in mine and they pound pretty good.

Could always turn down the level of the sub on the HU to even things out a bit.
ChaseZ is offline   Reply With Quote