View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #539 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ban25 View Post
It can happen in any high-G RIGHT turn. On the track, I get it repeatedly starting with 17 gallons of fuel. Thankfully I finally have an RRP!

When driving on the street, be mindful of sharp right turns (banked or otherwise), and try to stay above half a tank. Also, if you experience fuel starvation, my advice would be *not* to pull over and shut the engine off, but instead to straighten the car out and try to get some fuel sloshed back over to the pump. I've encountered it literally hundreds of times on the track, but never had the engine shut off or be stranded.
Fixed your typo.

What I used to do is when coming out of the turn and starting down the straight. Jerk the steering wheel back and forth a few times to try and get some fuel back over on the right side. Now I have the RRP, and don't have to worry any more.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote