View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveycheesey View Post
A few weeks ago I installed the AAM 2.5" midpipe into my 09 370z. After the installation was complete I noticed a really loud rattle when ever the rev died down. I found out that when the exhaust was vibrating it would rattle against this "v bar" that is right about the midpipe itself. I've removed this bar multiple times while doing work on the car and am curious if that bar is required or not. Does it do anything of significance for my car or can I just remove it. As of right now removing the bar is the only thing that I can think of that would remedy this loud rattle. Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. And if there has been any other threads regarding this topic, I apologize, I probably just didn't know how to word the search.
Assuming you are talking about the cross brace? I wouldn't remove it. Have you contacted AAM? Sounds like your mid pipe doesn't fit right to me.