View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 12:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBoTee View Post
Sure 400whp might be enough for some, but I don't think that it would make it faster then 99% of the cars on the road. In my area there are a bunch of Evo's,STi's,Supras,Rx7s,Cobras, and Vettes running 400whp,500whp,600whp and up. I had a 400whp Evo8 myself before I wrecked it. I think a 450whp 370z would be good for street and track. It all depends on the setup.
Seriously? You dont think the vast majority of cars on the road are stock and/or completely riced out w/ no mods? Not to mention all the grocery getters, vans, daily drivers and whatnot out there.

Being the fastest from stoplight to stoplight means **** anymore, really, except the high possibility of losing your license and hurting someone. Straight line racing is boring, too. Street racing is and has lost so much allure now that states are cracking down on it. Go do some legal Auto-X or road racing.

I dont disagree, 400ish HP on the 370 would probably be pretty optimal for a VERY fast track car. Anywhere north of that though, I think you're now just going into the realm of wanting to be a stupid powerful street car with no purpose other than to brag. Who cares about the ridiculously powerful local cars are, do they even track them? Or do they just street race? How often do you go to these car shows and see these blown classic muscle cars that never see anything other than a garage when they aren't at the show?

Its just not worth it for me, career and insurance wise, to get caught racing on the street. I'll stick to legal methods now, thanks.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote