Thread: How is your top
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
OldGuyFla
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 370Z TS Roadster
OldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnchdude View Post
My 2012 has been in the shop 2x for the top. Both were wiring related, and from what I can tell it was related to the wiring harness being strung too tightly. First trip was a disconnected wire, second trip required a replacement of some wires and adjusting how it was affixed strapped to the car. Now the wiring has more "play". All this and I only have 12,000 miles on it. Bought it 5 months ago with 7500 miles on it. No wear marks yet, but I do see that the stitching is now unraveling in the seam section surrounding the driver's window. **sigh** But I still drive with the top down nearly every day. Love it. Hate the quality of the parts. (been in twice for a total of 10 days for the dreaded clutch/CSC issue.)
Sounds like maybe they have made some improvements. sorry to hear you've had so many problems. Does your top get wet often maybe causing the seams to degrade?
Keep on driving.
OldGuyFla is offline   Reply With Quote