View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 12:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14BlackCherry View Post
Well I'll provide my experience with SPL endlinks. I put them on, correct length, verified by SPL. Whenever I'm driving I can hear clunks as the road surface changes or if I hit imperfections in the asphalt. Even backing out of my driveway is a small curb and they make noise on that. I thought maybe they were loosening up, I bought some really good locking nuts from McMaster Carr. Installed those torqued them to the correct torque. Same issue happened again on the test drive within a block from my house.

So I decided to blue loctite with new locking nuts. Let it sit the night, drove it the next day same issue. So I doubled nut it (keep in mind each time I added a locking nut it was new not reused) and the same issue. So I left it double nutted and it makes noise still but doesn't loosen up. The nuts have remained the same torque each time I checked, even after autocross events. I'm just wondering if they clunk due to the spherical bushings they use?

If you can deal with the clunking like I do then they're not an issue. Keep in mind my car is a autocross car only, and is hardly driven on the street.
Thinking about this. Did you wrap the swaybar bushing area with teflon pipe tape and grease?

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote