View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ
Default What engine temp are you normally around?

Hey guys,

For some reason my car was acting a little strange today. First after my friend was driving it a little aggressively, we shut it off for a few minutes and then got back in the car. When he turned it on the car stuttered a bit and for a few seconds it had trouble getting the RPMs up. Like it was about to stall. I don't know if he let the clutch out at a bad time or something, but I couldn't replicate it anymore. The other thing I noticed was that the car was running a little hotter than usual. Usually the car remains just under the 200 degree mark. Today (72* Outside temp) it remained above it all afternoon. Driving it a little harder I could get it up to two ticks over 200*. I started driving it normally, but the temp would not come down under 200. It sat around one click over 200. I guess I haven't driven it aggressively for extended periods of time. When I came home I let it sit with the hood open for a couple of minutes and the temperature just wouldn't come down from a tick over 200. I turned it off for a min and then back on and the temp sat just under 200..I watched it for a while at idle and revved it up a little and it didn't really move from just under 200.

So I thought the normal temperature was around a tick under 200*. What are you guys getting under normal driving conditions? How about when you drive it more aggressively on the street? It just seems a little weird that it would do that stuttering thing and then the temps sit a little higher.. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote