View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #178 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
If you're ok with some chatter, the flywheel is a very noticeable change. The car revs much more freely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
Exactly what I was going to say. Also if you buy the Z1 setup it comes as a package (pressure plate, disc and flywheel) for under $800. Think I paid $775ish.
I'd really like to avoid the chatter.. I really love how quiet the car is now and everything feels really factory. There was a time in my life I would have relished the chatter of a light flywheel (because racecar) but I've grown out of it. I have friends that often refer to me as a 70 year old man in a 34 year old body. The Z1 package is really reasonable though! Great deal.. just don't think it's for me. I need to find a reputable place to get the work done here in Tampa Bay... I wish I could just drop it off at JTRAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
You are correct in that it is a performance upgrade, but it add to efficiency of your build. I have gotten over the chatter as it's only from a dead stop that it is noticeable. The Z is a noisy car period so with every suspension or driveline upgrade comes a new and different noise. Speaking of noise, if you didn't do your rear diff bushing I would suggest that you do that as well to get rid of wheel under hard acceleration. Lol, once you start down the road of being boosted it becomes like a boat...bring on another thousand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwick View Post
I also second the rear diff bushing. Helps with shifts and wheel hop.

But farm that install out cuz it SUCKS!!!!
This is a good idea! I'll have to put this on the list for when I start experiencing some wheel hop. Hate wheel hop.
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote