View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #87 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenZToy View Post
My salesman told me market value (i.e., mark up!) is 43,830 and MSRP is 41,935. So I responded with I was interested in the invoice price around $38k and he came back with $38,495...so, if you believe any of the numbers, it's $3440 under MSRP. I used Edmunds (TVM Pricing) that I learned about on this great site so I had $38,294 in my mind...I'm going to take this deal if I can get a good trade on my 350.
Assuming the actual sticker price is 41935, then 38K isnt bad. Careful with your trade in, you're going to be disappointed I think. I strongly suggest trying to sell that online. Craigslist is amazing. Find out what they want to offer (like, ASAP), find out what its worth (NADA), and put it up for a quick sale. You'll find some young kid wanting a good deal who'll snatch it up fast I bet.

Put it this way, my 2000 Z28 with only 43K miles is apparently only worth $2500 as a trade in (morons). Yet, I sold it 2 days ago for $11000 to someone. What a surprise...

Oh yeah, and tell your salesmen, his market value is a load of ****, and to shove it.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote