View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #20 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolio View Post
This was the VIN on the Black base with Sport Package that I was supposed to take delivery of last week from Tischer Nissan in Laurel, MD. Upon inspection the passenger side rear quarter panel had a significant number of paint defects, thru to the clearcoat...and not small spots either. Someone had apparently tried to wetsand it or something but it looked ridiculous. Bunch of gray marks on a black car.

Anyway, I rejected the car, regardless of how good they could make it look, due to diminished value and potential long term clearcoat failure. Figured I'd post the VIN to try and protect anyone trying to buy it... JN1AZ44E09M402164.
Hah! I just test drove that car not 2 weeks ago IF that! They wont stop calling me on this car! I dont think it had the damage on it when I drove it though, thats for sure - I bet some idiot test drove it and jacked it all up. Pity, really...

And, small edit - I just noticed it looks like you probably test drove this a couple weeks before me. I think they had this fixed, by now, because the car looked fine when I test drove it. On the other hand, I didnt exactly stare the exterior down, since I just wanted to take it for a spin and see how nice the rev-matching system was, along with its handling. Either way though, good post - if I go back there again and they beg me to buy it, I'll give it a REALLY good look.

Last edited by MightyBobo; 02-21-2009 at 08:10 AM.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote