View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

I opened this thread and also bitched about them like 2 years ago, Uprev and Cobb was the one who offered tuning software to the 370z platform and then Cobb left to focus on F/I instead. Uprev was still around but not much development going on the 370z which wasn't really needed because they knew that everybody would get the Uprev license and barely developed anything about the VVEL that still need to be worked on but it does work after knowing how the system work.

They went on to many other Infinity/Nissan platforms which prevented them to give much focus on the 370z.

A year or 2 ago, an Ecutek guy showed up here with a whole bunch of feature that Ecutek would offer but from what Ive seen and read . the customer support wasnt great and pretty much disappeared for almost a year then the features that was planned actually came to life, with features rivalizing those from Uprev then they had that big update where they started offering feature that are usually only seen on standalone.

Uprev has done nothing but removing from the beta testing the VVEL to the general PRO Tuner, including with limited end user support vs what I was use to in the beginning, back in 2009-2012.

At this moment the only critical part of Uprev is that the customer can tune himself his ECU Vs Ecutek does not allow but only their certified tuner.

Even if I plan to get another 370z as daily driver in the near future, Im glad that I sold my PRO Tuner cable.