View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeceZ View Post
Hi gents,

1. Do you feel components experience a nasty vibration with non-resonated systems?
2. What's it like speaking to passengers or on the hands-free with the systems?
3. How bad is the drone in the cabin with non-res, 12 an 18?
4. How much of a difference at WOT do these 3 types have?
5. Are there ground clearance issues with the rear mufflers?

Thanks guys
I used to run non-res test pipes and non res cbe with the carbon fiber mufflers. it's absolute perfection in sound and performance.

now i'm running full FI straight pipes lol the original set-up wasn't loud enough for my taste.

here's you 5 questions for non-res cbe

1. I never got any vibration sounds or feel from the exhaust.

2. talking on the Bluetooth wasn't an issue unless I was deep into the throttle (wide open) and that's normal for pretty much any aftermarket exhaust maybe even stock. didn't have mine stock long enough to remember how that sounded lol

3. non-res is the "worst" in terms of drone but I put 30k miles on my Z with the full nonres/nonres setup and it's not bad. did many 1k miles trips and there is a little but nothing bad whatsoever. 12" res would be less drone and 18" is the least.

the resonator size doesn't change the volume but kills the drone the larger you go.

4. volume for the CBE systems is pretty much the same across the board. the resonators just change drone as stated above.

now if you go test pipes or hfc you will increase volume as well.

5. if you're lowered a good bit and have bad roads you may run the risk of dinging the mufflers. i'm stock height in PA with bad roads and my cans are still unscathed. only chip in the clear coat from a small rock bouncing I guess but its maybe the size of half a pen cap.

any FI product you choose you cant go wrong with. unmatched quality and best customer service in the business.

sound clips on my YT https://www.youtube.com/user/fpenvy
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote