View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
HA! You should've seen what I've been doing with the Z the past month! I even made a thread about it. It's running again, but I'm so OCD with PCV hoses and breathers building up oil. Just 25 miles, and I'm going nuts with oil from the hoses. This weekend I'm putting in a couple of catch cans for the PCV hoses, and then look into getting a small air oil separator for the breather hoses. The one night I lifted the intake manifold to see a bunch of oil dripping from it was enough to drive me crazy.

Plus, I've got an oil cooler fan ordered. I might as well get as much done as I can while the bumper is off. I can't fully enjoy my car until I get this stuff done.

I had some issues with oil lines at the start but now I have 0 leaks. How are your PCV hoses running? Reason I ask is the way Sasha at Boosted Performance does his kit I have literally no oil from the pcv system entering the air. If I pull the boost tubes there is some oil which is expected but its not enough to even see a hint of blue from the exhaust so I dont worry about it.

If I lived any further south I would have to rethink my cooling situation myself. The car regularly idled at 220F oil temp, got it up to 248F sitting in traffic with the AC going. But up here I rarely break the 220F point.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote