View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 02:02 PM   #142 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Sad update

Bad new is happening again.

today was the dyno day Ive been looking for a few months now.
I had a lot of preparation to do before having the Z in relatively good shape to be beaten on the dyno for a few hours.

I started working on the Z at around 620pm yesterday all the way thru the night until the work that needed to be completed was done by 750am which I then loaded the Z on the trailer.
Only took 45mins forced rest as I couldn't afford taking more time.

So I drive to the dyno location then start prepping the Z for the tuning to be performed... after about an hour in, some electrical issues start to raise and then end very quickly.
The ECU is probably defective at this point which I aren't sure at 100% but I cant see anything else to be at fault. With limited tool of my own, I had to take the hard decision to stop the session as I spend about 30-40 mins to figure out the electrical issue and still haven't pin point any potential fault.

so as it stand the Z has made 9psi and the biggest pull that was done was up to about 4000rpm, I should receive the print on that pull sometime tonight which I think was over 400ft/lbs.