Thread: Kansas City
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #3547 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilianz View Post
Alright, well I have to rotors on and the brake pads on. Just gotta get tires on the wheels then mount up and align them. Hopefully the bed in for the brakes are too much of a hassle. I spun the rotors after putting them on and it seemed like it was uneven. Hopefully that is just because it hasn't seated completely due to there not being tightened all the way.
Did you put enough lug nuts on to keep the rotor straight? If not, then that's why it felt uneven.

Put the wheels on, put the lug nuts on snug (don't torque yet), put the car on the ground, now torque to proper value. Press on the brake pedal a couple of times to seat the pads against the rotors before you start the car and move it. As long as you didn't get grease on the rotors when you assembled the caliper and pads to the bracket, you should be fine. I'm sure there are steps people take to 'bed' the pads, but in my experience, it's not really necessary. That being said, I wouldn't go out and try to go from 60 to zero in 3 seconds...