View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBarber View Post
Hey guys, I was getting bored waiting for the turbo installation which hasn't really started yet. So I started practicing aluminum welding. A welder friend of mine told me to practice beat on plate, and I did . The first 3 days, I was not using the Pedal because it didn't arrive yet. But I was using the Pedal on the 4th day. Here's what I came up with, I understand it's kinda like a mess and it's not going to win any award lol.

The result is a messy plate of 4 days of practicing.

Here's the 4th day with the Pedal. Just incase you are wondering, I was using 1/16 aluminum plate with 3/32 Red Tungsten, and 1/16 rod on this particular picture. The welding is an inverted Everlast Micro Tig 185 with AC/DC capabilities. What do you guys think, please give me some advice for me to move on. Thanks in advance.

I was told by 11Motors that they were busy with a Skyline GT-R, but they'll start the installation on Monday. So I'll get you guys the pics as they go, promise.
When welding aluminum or any tig welding. Move the tungsten to one side of the weld puddle just before you stop. This way you limit the chance of having a crack in the crater. Also, did you have a round ball on the end of the tungsten, instead of a point? Green band tungsten might be a little better for welding aluminum.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote