View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #501 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

If you're doing it yourself. Drive the Z unil empty or close to it. Remove the seats. It makes it easier to work. What I did was to remove the rear plastic panels. Makes it a whole lot easier.

2 things that I had problems with after the install. One is the hose clamps. Make sure you have them position properly. I had one that I didn't have up high enough on the fitting. After a year the hose popped off the fitting on the driver side, middle hose. Flatbedded the Z home on that one. To fix that problem. I cut about 2" of hose off because the end was separating. Which brought me to my next problem. Hose length. Because of the way I installed the hoses inside the tank. I couldn't get enough slack on the middle hose on the driver side side. So now I had a hose that had too much tension on it when installed. After about 3 weeks. The fitting that snaps on to the RRP broke the plastic catch. Flatbedded home again. Thanks to phunk, he shipped me some fittings and a length of hose that I spliced in. No more problems. All of this was self-inflicted. Nothing to do with the kit itself.

phunk is a great guy to deal with. We text back and forth whenever I have questions or anything else. He's on my Christmas card list now.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html
Rusty is online now   Reply With Quote