View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rangerz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
Rangerz has a spectacular aura aboutRangerz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
I just bought SPL upper control arms To dial in a bit mor camber for the track.
SPL Front Upper Control Arms (370Z / G37)

A few questions:
1. has anybody put these on an otherwise stock setup? I'm wondering about where to set the "adjustment screws" to begin with a roughly stock geometry.

(I'm going to install at home then drive to the alignment shop. I'm hoping to be close to stock, or at least drivable for my trip to the align shop)

2. I'm hoping to learn to dial in two alignment setups: one close to stock, and one with 2-3 degrees camber for the track. when i go from stock alignment to more camber how will that affect my toe. (I believe I want a bit LESS toe for track days)
I have them on stock suspension. I measured the stock A arm once I got them out and adjusted the SPL to that. Then got the alignment right now I am running -2 deg up front and -1.7 in the rear. Make sure you read the instructions closly when adjusting the hiem joint adjusters. It is a double adjustment and you need to hold the hiem joint still as you run the adjusting screw in or out. If you skip this step you will get adjusters that are un even.
Stillen Gen III/ NST/ Fast Intentions Non-Res HFC & 12" Resonated CF TDX/ Setreb series 9 OC/ SPL upper control arms/ Whiteline front & rear swaybars/ Uprev tuned by Seb@specialtyZ/ 319HP 262TQ/ Z1 PS Cooler/ Z1 SS Premium break lines/ CJM Road Race pump/Carbotech F:XP10 R:XP8 Nismo OC DIY
Rangerz is offline   Reply With Quote