View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

it wont matter much because the oxygen sensor are still doing their job and will correct your AFR to be where its suppose to be in closed loop ( idle / light cruising )

and then in Open loop (like 30%-100% engine load) your MAF are still doing their job by calculating the air flow going in. So it doesn't matter if you change you intake manifold for another one.

The difference in AFR wont be very much different after the intake manifold swap. only by a couple tenth of AFR. because the load rating will be moved into other cells.

Unless you were already running very lean at WOT. I wouldn't worry if I was you. the system can adjust up to 25% more or less fuel than stock form.

but I would also recommend doing a tune to extract the most you can and there isn't any need to drive it like an old lady.