View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rangerz
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370 Nismo
Rangerz has a spectacular aura aboutRangerz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetZ View Post
I installed the largest Setrab cooler available for the Z and on the third 25 min session at PBIR it hit temps high enough to limit rpm. The 13 and 14 model year cars have a collar between the engine and oil filter that uses engine coolant to help "cool" the oil. I have a feeling this is actually heating the oil instead when a separate cooler is installed. I took it off to see if I could just put a return on it and not use that coolant thing, but there needs to be a new threaded fitting made to be able to connect the Setrab directly to the engine. Anyone know if these are available?

I turned the heater to full blast and that helped get some heat off the engine, but in Florida even with the windows down, that is not comfortable. Any ideas on how to have the heat set on max, and get that air directed outside the car instead?
2012 models and up have the factory cooler. I went with a setreb series 9 see thread I made if you want to delete your stocker and add an aftermarket one.
DIY 2012 25 row Setreb Series 9 Install & stock oil cooler delete
Stillen Gen III/ NST/ Fast Intentions Non-Res HFC & 12" Resonated CF TDX/ Setreb series 9 OC/ SPL upper control arms/ Whiteline front & rear swaybars/ Uprev tuned by Seb@specialtyZ/ 319HP 262TQ/ Z1 PS Cooler/ Z1 SS Premium break lines/ CJM Road Race pump/Carbotech F:XP10 R:XP8 Nismo OC DIY
Rangerz is offline   Reply With Quote