View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 12:03 PM   #44 (permalink)
Sh0velMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Noisily.
Sh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant futureSh0velMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismomo View Post
Thanks, much appreciated. I see the PPE's continued to climb while FI plateau at 7k rpm. I see PPE's file says Nismo CAI, was the FI dyno run with a CAI as well? I've read that CAI helps at the very top of the band. If the FI run did not have a CAI, could this be the reason why it plateaus compared to the PPE?
The other car is equipped very similarly. Same exhaust, comparable intakes, etc.

The PPE's flattening out after 7300rpm is actually an intake manifold/throttle body restriction. (You can see the 'quenching' action this restriction has starting at ~6400rpm. A linear fall off of torque, that's what it looks like when you put a restrictor plate on an engine.)

I'll be addressing that eventually and then the top end will be even more dramatic.

Yeah the cost isn't worth it for a street car if you have to pay someone else to do it.