View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #128 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
Surely you jest

Last time I checked, a 3.7L making 332, vs. a 4.6L V8 making 310.... apples to oranges, got it, but 332 is almost at the peak for a naturally aspirated V6, DO NOT say those numbers arent impressive, I think they're quite good.
Whoa whoa whoa...while I will say that 332 isnt too shabby for a 3.7L V6...trying to compare it to the 4.6L V8 in the Mustang is a horrible choice. Its efficiency is a joke, and Ford has realized that. That's why the 5.0's coming back out again, and should be in the ~400 HP range.

I also wouldn't say that 332 hp is the "peak" for a V6, either...there are plenty of new technologies to be found and/or utilized. Lets not even go into the fact that Porsche's GT3 makes 435 HP with a measly 3.8L...a single tenth more than us, yet over 100 HP more...

Just food for thought