View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Is the drop in boost caused by the manual boost controller itself, or the VVEL increasing overlap at high rpm so part of the boost charge is getting blown out the other side of the head and the ebc is "solving" that by adding boost as it drops?
I believe boost is added by the EBC in the latter part of the RPM range to compensate for the losses you describe.

I really don't see it as much of an issue unless you like to drive at 7500 rpm and max HP... the midrange power and torque is phenomenal and a slight taper at top end is no real world loss to most people that DD or do not track their cars.

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote