View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
deleting 6 and 14 is a bad idea for NA as you'll get idling issues.
look here: HELP PLEASE: Engine Idle Problem

even if you disconnected them from your intake and whacked a small filter on the ends, you'd be creating another problem - unmetered (hotter) air entering the engine.

it's all part of a circuit where 1 and 13 are under vacuum and suck the ccv gases in to be burnt up. 6 and 14 are the fresh air supply lines, to replace the ccv gases, oil vapour etc sucked out via 1 and 13. ever wondered why you dont see oily gunk in your intake pipes?

I forgot about this thread. After thinking about it a year later and reading your post I agree. 6 and 14 with the check valves are only able to "suck" air out of the crankcase. When running boosted under load the PCV valve closes and all is well in the world. So when you are idling you are sucking air in through lines 6 and 14 and into the intake manifold.

My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote