View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rusty
Ronin Samurai - Assassin

Drives: 2011 Nismo GM 6M
Rusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond reputeRusty has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogirl View Post
You do know the cryo treatment is not a coating right? Cryo treating is supposed to make the material 50-60% stronger regardless of heat cycles. When my car was running my logs never went above 1100F on the EGT.
Yeah, it's freezing the **** out of it. LOL Lower the temp down to around -300F to stabilize the molecular structure. It's used to remove residual stresses, and improve wear resistance. The company I used to work for did it for awhile. Wasn't a money maker for them. We also did plasma spray coating for thermo parts. I feel comfortable with it on ring and pinions and gears. But for manifolds, I don't know. 1100F is still hot. It's glowing.

浪人 - 殺し屋
"The Difficult Anytime, The Impossible By Appointment Only"
http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...o-journal.html