Thread: Groove
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
ValidusVentus
Enthusiast Member

Drives: #18 Z34
ValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond reputeValidusVentus has a reputation beyond repute

I think you misunderstood, so I rewrote my post just slightly to make it more clear. In short I am proposing hacksawing a groove into my front XP10 brake pads perpendicular to their long axis (don't know how to express that clearly with smaller words) with the goal of getting a smoother and more consistent transfer layer of pad material on the rotor surface. Curious if anyone has done this modification to pads before and seen any difference. Even the less track oriented pads I use for the street (Endless MX72s) have this groove from the factory.

Last edited by ValidusVentus; 02-22-2014 at 07:44 PM.
ValidusVentus is offline   Reply With Quote