View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #255 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Why do you guys say this is not for a street car? 375whp is great for all-motor and all, but I am perfectly cool with 700-800rwhp street cars!

The advantage of reliability at higher RPM is precisely the goal. If not for that goal, there would be absolutely no sense in removing the VVEL heads. The drive-ability of a HR without VVEL isn't so poor that you should say its no good for a street car, lol! Its still much better than most import cars. VQ's have rather decent torque due to the VVT system. The lift is the only thing that would be gone.

I would not use the VTC on exhaust for HR head swap. The exhaust VTC is the main complexity of the HR swap, and to not bring it with would make life much cleaner and easier.

Exhaust VTC is all about emissions, and does little to no good for power and torque.
something that I want to specify, the HR head swap that im talking about is to have those big *** cam for the max power...

So this is why I wouldn't recommend this for a street car ..
not because you can drive a 800whp car which is F/I and not N/A, your idle with those big cams and overlap you will need about 1500rpm idle at minimum ,,, good luck in your stop and go traffic. your clutch will take a beating on this alone.... thats my opinion anyway who care , right ?

next, according to the research of a friend and a certain company , you will want the VTC on the exhaust . just saying... will see how much power you make at the end and more importantly how your power curve will be.