View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #253 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
considering the factory vvel is set at .460 or so max lift they better be some BIG hr cams, only advantage would be reliability at higher rpm. You would lose a lot of the drive ability of the car for this so again not for a street car. Also you can run HR cams in VHR heads with minimal work so why even swap the heads?
VVEL from JWT research the stock maximum position is around 280 degrees of duration and 0.450 lift, about what an aggressive street cam would be.

Again I do not recommend anyone doing this HR head swap for a street car .. but only for a true track car that needs 375whp+

where did you see about the capability of running the HR cams in the VHR heads ? link ?
edit: how will you install those cam sensor on each of these , 4 in total... the vhr valve cover aren't the same....
also if you don't swap the HR head and the timing cover .. you wont have VTC on the exhaust ... kind of not optimized

Last edited by Megan370z; 12-18-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Megan370z is offline   Reply With Quote