View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #56 (permalink)
Megan370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
Megan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond reputeMegan370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical View Post
well oxidation is taking place in the cat and it's an exothermic reaction (more heat)

regardless cats are not going to be helping exhaust velocity.

cats don't heat up the exhaust to work; when they work they heat up the exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
when testing cats using a temperature gun, the best way to know if a cat is functioning is to measure the inlet of the cat and measure the outlet, the outlet is almost always 100+ hotter than the inlet

that alone tells me EGTs are higher leaving cats than they are entering them
both of you have valid point
so I will shut up ! hehe

if we come back on topic about the oem muffler , it means it cannot support high revving of the engine for an extended period of time.... no matter with cats or test pipe... I just dont see why the muffler would start rattle with just the test pipe ,, i haven't really pushed the oem muffler with cats anyway...

but it was mentioned also by another guy having test pipe and going thru 2 oem muffler ... might be a coincidence ? or the inside baffles are just poorly designed.