Thread: Engine Build
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 09:53 AM   #126 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Yeah I never heard or noticed anything regarding this crack, my fear obviously is that it will get worse. The shops fabricator is doing the repair soon so I'll post photos when he's done. I know he has to heat the manifold to repair it properly but that's all I know at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpByCoop View Post
Did you fix this on the manifold and do you have any photos? What did they do? Yes, I have the same instance. It never affected performance or even made any noise whatsoever.

BTW: I had the off-the-shelf Wiseco 9:0/1 pistons. ANY discussion about lag or being soft at low and mid throttle from my standpoint is irrelevant. My tuner (Mike Botti) did his magic, and if anything it had more grunt than stock. Incredible. It's STILL a big honkin 3.7L V6. Don't overthink this area. Firsthand experience.

Thanks for that post. Let me know, please.

Coop
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote